Friday, May 14, 2010

Introducing Liú Xiá

On April 21, 2010 we got the call we have been waiting for! We have been matched with a precious little girl! Her Chinese name is Liú Xiá, and she is living in the Jiaojiang District SWI (Social Welfare Institute), which is an orphanage in Taizhou, Zheijiang, China. When we got the referral call, I kept running outside to see if I could find Jason since he was on a bike ride with the boys. After I got off the phone, I jumped in the car and started driving around to find him. I couldn't wait five more minutes to tell him the news! I found him at the park with the boys, and he was looking at me like what are you doing here? I told him that we had gotten the call, and we quickly rushed home to look at her sweet face together. Here is a slideshow of pictures and videos of her.



I can't wait to see a smile. (Although I love her pouty lips). I am ready to jump on a plane and bring her home, but we have 5-7 months before we'll be able to do that.

3 comments:

Amy K. said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to follow your journey to bring her home...

Amy

Craig and Melanie said...

Watching the video brought me to tears. I can't imagine what you are feeling! She is so beautiful. We are so excited to add a cousin/niece to the family and can't wait to meet her. It will be so great to have our kids perfectly matched again!

Mel

Isaac T said...

Are you kidding me? THIS IS THE BEST NEWS OF THE DAY!!!! God is so good. I am celebrating with you here in Moline. What incredible news. How great for your daughter! She has a mommy and daddy who love her already (and she doesn't know it, and you haven't even met yet). This is incredible news. Praise God from whom all blessings flow... both in China and the US! Thanks for making my day!