Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Update

We got updated measurements on Liu Xia today. We had actually gotten the update on Friday, but her weight was wrong. They listed her weight as 24 kilograms, which would be like 52 pounds (bigger than Elijah), so we asked for an accurate measurement. We found out that she is actually 12 kilograms, which is 26 pounds and 84 cm, which is 33 inches tall. She's a very healthy weight and height. Actually, she's the exact same size as her cousin Ella, who is 3 months younger.

We also learned some more information about her personality when we got an update on Friday. The report said "she is shy and doesn't like to talk or have communion with strangers" (so she may have a hard time with us at first). It also said "she will help take toys to the younger peers" and "if the younger peers cry, she will help to coax them and kiss them." Reading this means so much to me. Her caring for the babies in this way tells me that my little girl has been shown love. If no one has ever soothed her when she cries or kissed her, she wouldn't be showing affecting and concern toward the babies. I can't wait to meet my sweet little girl.

1 comment:

Steve n Coco said...

I'm so excited to hear from you guys!! I have some friends that are another I-600 family and a few days ago got their LOA in a record SIX DAYS!!! Amazing.
be blessed,
Courtney