Sunday, August 1, 2010

China Day 3: Getting Hannah Part 2

I just went over Jason's blog post, and he did a great job detailing how the night went.  He wrote it last night, but for some reason it didn't post, so sorry for those of you who have been on the edge of your seats waiting!  It's now early morning (5 AM), and Jason and I are both wide awake, but our little princess is still sound asleep.  We haven't heard a single sound from her all night long.  She is a heavy sleeper!  We changed her clothes last night and carried her around, and she didn't wake up at all.  I wanted to post this picture because it shows her beautiful long hair.  She is so beautiful!  Please pray for her as she is going through a time of grieving as she transitions into our family.  And please pray for me as well.  It was very hard last night to not be able to hold her after so many years of waiting.  I knew that it was very likely she would only bond to one of us, but it is still heartbreaking.  They told us she prefers men to hold her, so it's natural that she would bond to Jason at first. 

Also, we found out last night that the foster mom has one request-that she would love to meet us.  It's very rare to ever meet a foster family, so we were very surprised to hear this.  So, we'll be meeting the foster family on Wednesday when we go to Taizhou.  It sounds like she was so well loved by this family, and I am happy I will get to thank her in person for the love she showed to our daughter.  Hannah went to their house on the weekends starting in January, and she's very strongly attached to the family, crying when she would have to return to the orphanage each week.

2 comments:

Terri H said...

She's so beautiful! I'm so glad you are finally in China and have Hannah. Angie, she will bond with you, I just know she will. Hang in there, I know it's hard.

Liam and I are thinking of you and enjoying the pictures.

Steve n Coco said...

I have been out of town for a few days, but have been DYING to read your blog!! So happy for you! As for Hannah preferring her daddy, I will be praying about this on your behalf. This was very hard for me and I know it has to be hard for anyone with a heart :). How exciting that you get to meet the foster family!!