Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Not July

Well, we heard back from our agency, and they didn't get the July date they requested from the consulate. So, we won't be traveling in July after all. They are going to request a date two weeks later. We will probably not know if we get this date until Friday. Then we'll have an idea of travel early next week (if it goes through). To say this has been a hard day is a huge understatement. To be told to start reserving plane tickets and then be told that it's not happening yet is just really hard. I just wonder if the next date won't work, and it'll be another two weeks after that. But she will be so worth the wait. I just want a definite date so we can plan accordingly. My prayer is that we are with her on her birthday, August 8.

2 comments:

Amy K. said...

Angie,

I'm so sorry. I know this is hard. I'm sure you'll be there by her birthday. We missed Libby's second birthday by a little over 2 weeks. Perhaps you'll be like my friend who celebrated her son's birthday in China just a day or two after they met. There's a light at the end of this dark tunnel. You'll be there soon.

Amy

Steve n Coco said...

Aw, I can only imagine how tough that would be-- I'm so sorry. At the moment, it hurts, but you WILL get there!! It will be here before you know it.